Consumer information

Welcome to our consumer information pages. These provide summaries of more comprehensive guides that should appear on your local trading standards service's website. To find your local service use the postcode search at the bottom of the page. 

For personal help with a problem within the UK you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer service, which provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues. Visit or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06. 

If you are a UK consumer having a problem with a trader based in a different European country then there is a special service offering advice and support, the UK European Consumer Centre (UK ECC) which is hosted by the Trading Standards Institute. 

For general advice please visit the UK ECC online shopping assistant Howard.

Need Help?

TSI corporate membership banner advertisement