young consumers of the year competition 2012/13
The TSI Young Consumers of the Year Competition is a unique competition for schools and youth groups in England, Scotland and Wales.
The competition is organised by the Trading Standards Institute and its Consumer Education Liaison Group. Teams of four 14 to 17 year olds entered.
- tests students on a wide range of issues including consumer and law, food and health, safety and the environment, managing money and finance, credit and the European dimension.
- makes students aware of their consumer responsibilities and rights.
- The competition is open to teams of four from schools, colleges and youth groups.
- Individual team members will be restricted to entering the Regional level of the competition only once. It is, however, possible to submit a team with a maximum of two members who have taken part in a previous year, provided that the team of which they were originally members did not proceed to a regional final.
- Team members must be aged between 14 and 17 years at the start of the competition in September 2012. They must not have reached the age of 18 before 1 January 2013.
- Close relatives of Trading Standards Service officials are not eligible to enter.
- Where a problem arises, substitute team members may be allowed, at the organiser’s discretion.
- A formal appeals process is in place in the case of any dispute but the organiser’s decision is final.